Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

What is it?

Discussion in 'Orchid Identification Section' started by Nisanisa, May 9, 2021.

1. Nisanisa

Nisanisa Active Member

Another picture of my dendrobium. I hope it is clear enough. This dendrobium has soft fragrance. The flowers look like those of Dendrobium crumenatum

Attached Files:

2. GaryYG

GaryYG Active Member

Nisa. Does your Dendrobium come from Indonesia?

I cannot see enough of the plant in any of your photos.

If it has a swollen basal portion to the stem, then you may have Den. angulatum. However, Den. angulatum has only been reported from northeast India, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, and Peninsular Malaysia. There have been no reports of Den. angulatum from Indonesia.

Reference: Wood, H.P. (2006) The Dendrobiums. A.R.G. Gantner Verlag K.G., Liechtenstein.

Nisanisa likes this.
  3. Nisanisa

Nisanisa Active Member

Yes, it comes from East Java, Indonesia Gary. I'll show you the plant tomorrow

4. Nisanisa

Nisanisa Active Member

Gary, here is the plant. I've just checked IOSPE on Den. angulatum, and think the flower looks similar to mine. But not the leaves. Mine are not so pointed, and they always closed to the stem

Attached Files:

J E likes this.
  5. GaryYG

GaryYG Active Member

Nisa. Seeing your plant photos and knowing that your plant comes from Java, it seems to fit Dendrobium truncatum.

I hope that helps

Gary

Reference: Comber, J.B. (1990) Orchids of Java. Bentham-Moxon Trust, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.

Nisanisa and Marni like this.
  6. Nisanisa

Nisanisa Active Member

Thanks Gary!