Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Wanted Phalaenopsis Chingruey's Goldstaff

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by TScott29, May 2, 2020.

1. TScott29

TScott29 New Member

Recently seen this orchid in a video and found it captivating and would like find one. Hope this pays off here! Hope to hear from you soon! Screenshot

2. mrhappyrotter

mrhappyrotter Member

This type of hybrid is one of the ones that gets mass produced to such volume that, at least in my experience, I've mostly only ever seen it for sale at national chain garden departments and boutique style retailers, and often these aren't tagged or labeled. These are also the types of establishments that are least likely to provide online listings and options to buy specific clones or hybrids to begin with, unfortunately.

I won't pretend to know your geographic region or speak to your situation, but if I were looking for this hybrid, I'd keep my eyes open and hunt around at Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart or the local nursery center that sells $5 mini Phals for $50 to little ole ladies who just want a pretty orchid for the week and don't mind paying that kind of mark-up. Of course, I wouldn't be out hunting for this right now, given the stay at home orders and the risk of bringing back a pandemic disease to my family.

3. Gabriel Urbina

Gabriel Urbina New Member

I got one from Orchidaceae Inc a few years ago. Id check with them.

4. TScott29

TScott29 New Member

I'm an essential worker so ive been out in the thick of it in Texas. Hope you are all safe in this time. I keep my self heavily dosed with Vitamins to ward it off and so far have remained healthy just hoping this ends soon so we can all pick up the pieces. Thank you for the response i will be looking for this orchid soon.

5. TScott29

TScott29 New Member

I looked on their site just now didnt see it unfortunately but thank you for your response i will keep checking the site.

6. TScott29

TScott29 New Member

I just found it on plants.com unnamed for 39.99 so i will be ordering it. Pretty sure it will need to be repotted immediately so will look into soils as well...