Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Unknown Bulbo species

Discussion in 'Orchid Identification Section' started by petergw, Sep 6, 2010.

1. petergw

petergw New Member

Hi everyone,

I am trying to identify the Bulbophyllum in the atached photos. I have tried several other chat rooms but no luck yet! Any ideas?:confused:
    009.JPG 003.JPG

2. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

Looks like a wallichii hybrid.

3. petergw

petergw New Member

Thanks for replying.
    It was seen in the wild in Eastern Thailand. Wallichii has flat spatular shaped flowers - the flowers on this one as you can see are cyrindrical. Still not had any positive I.D. from anyone.

4. Kaew

Kaew Member

In 'Orchid Genera in Thailand VIII Bulbophyllum Thou.' has one species could fit your pictures. It's called Bulbophyllum rugosisepalum. You could start on that.

5. petergw

petergw New Member

Ident

That is the only name that has come up before! The problem is that I have searched the net for some images and for some reason I can not find a picture of it anywhere!

6. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

PM me your email address, and I'll send you a photo of the page in the book if you like.

7. piotrm

piotrm Well-Known Member

what do you mean you don't have ID, gave you the same name what Kaew 3rd sep on UK forum...

8. petergw

petergw New Member

I did say that the name had come up before - which was your contribution 'piotrm' but as I say could not find a image to match up. Your the only two that have come up with a possible I.D. - from eight different forums!