Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

ummmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EGOISTA, Dec 18, 2008.

1. EGOISTA

EGOISTA Member

I eat!!! Yes, I have always hungry, but having so many intollerane food should I limit ..

I love Celtic music, especially Irish reels, I played the violin but now is not very sound, the passion for orchids has taken the upper hand on other things.
    I like to sew and crochet.

Besides the orchids I grow a little bit of everything
    but only in pots: roses, aroids,hibiscus, ericaceae, sarracenias, lilium, hoya, and more...

2. Ann

Ann Beadin' fool

I love Celtic music too. Love it. I don't know how anyone ever plays the violin. It has no FRETS!!! I played classical guitar until other hobbies took over, but at least it has frets! My brother plays flamenco. I love it. I sewed for a while -- my machine is now retired. What do you do? I also used to crochet and occasionally keep a project going while I watch TV. Italy, huh. I've always wanted to go to Italy -- anywhere -- but
    Tuscany in particular. No reason other than Andrea Bochelli. That's a good enough reason I think. I live in south Florida so hibiscus and hoya are easily grown. I love that I can sit here and talk to someone from Italy.

3. EGOISTA

EGOISTA Member

Yes it is nice to talk to all of you who are far away, must be happier Florida, I imagine that the Hibiscus arnottianus is very widespread and even more tropical!
    We see instead is usual in the gardens H.syriacus, especially because the soil is acid or subacid .I've also H. palutris and H. coccineus and moschatos, and more palustris plants like iris, equisetum and more.

The violin is not easy to play and should be studied much, but the lack of keys is not important, there are positions and the sounds you hear, you learn the pitch.
    The classical guitar is not easy too, the velocity of the Spanish music makes them very difficult.

Italy has many beauties, in fact, Tuscany is beautiful,I fear that Bocelli is often abroad and can be difficult to meet in Italy.

I must thank all the wonderful hospitality on this forum, even if my English is not correct, we manage to communicate the same, it is wonderful!

4. EGOISTA

EGOISTA Member

In Tuscany, near Grosseto in "Maremma", my dear friend produces and sells orchids ,in his farmhouse He rented rooms, could be your ideal holiday

5. Vincent

Vincent New Member

I used to play the violin also, Egoista. Actually I still do, but not with much serious effort anymore. Mostly just for fun, mostly in my bathroom. The acoustics are good in there.

I like fiddle music too, Celtic and otherwise. But what I like best of all for il violino came from YOUR country - Italian baroque music. I especially love Antonio Vivaldi.

6. EGOISTA

EGOISTA Member

:)
    I prefer to play irish music, I don't play well Vivaldi :eek:
    Just for enjoy myself, In my bathroom I sing :D To the joy of my neighbors:D

My favorite irish band are "Lunasa" and other italian celtic band like "The birking tree" or Scottish "Wolfstone", love too breton music to say the best known Alan Stivel ;)