Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Trying to have a greenthumb!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dreeeee, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Dreeeee

Dreeeee New Member

Hello fellow plant lovers,

So to start off, I am a university student —major in economics— that is residing in Belgium. A small country that has a LOT of chocolate. I am currently 20 years old.

I am a plant lover, althought I don’t have enough lightning in my home to provide my plants enough light ( I live in an apartment in the middle of the city) I still try my best to take care of them. I currently have 5 cacti’s, some vine plants and 3 palm trees.
    And last but not least some orchids I bought last year August and last year December.

Originally I was searching for ways to help save my orchids because I got a feeling they aren’t that healthy.

Anyways, I hope to have fun and inform myself with more plant-knowledge.
    If there are some tips you can provide me or you just want to talk I am always open to new acquaintances.

PS: also growing 13 avocados from seed.

2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum.

What kinds of orchids? They have different needs so it is important to know what genus or hybrid they are. Sounds like your apartment is full of plants :)

3. RustyExotics

RustyExotics Nicholas - It's a terrestrial thing

Welcome! I also live in an apartment during school, so I grow the majority of my plants under artificial light. I have several shelves with T8 florescent lights to give my plants the light they need.

Does this mean I'm no longer the youngest member on here? :grinning:

ezluckyfreee likes this.