Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Growing Areas' started by Akhenaten, Dec 7, 2008.
Morabeza, thank you
Well done! After more than two years of babysitting my Laelia lundii is still reluctant to flower.
I decided to build a new orhiterrarium. I calculate the dimensions and proportions in 3D MAX.
I decide to move the top predators, and let the light from the top of the 3-5-metallohalid different power tubes. Predators will be in a glass beds, width and depth of 15 cm around the perimeter of the glass cabinet, a distance of 30 cm from the top. And as orchids vertically around the perimeter, and more will be able to grow Shade. I plan to embed orhiterrarium directly into the sewer. Still an open question as to the cooling, I think of refrigerated coolers, I think, is not decided yet.
In the current orhiterrariume things still. Epiweb disappointed in, the bark is better. Vanilla is a meter in length 3, the wrap-around snags. She has a new type of roots, not the usual yellow-green, and similar to the roots of Phalaenopsis, and she began to branch out.
Here is photo of the project, in terms of rendered image. The squares on top - square reflectors metallohalid lapm, it is such and I want to
New photos of my old orchiterrarium. Vanilla qrow very well, but don't bloom.
The tank is looking great! Love the predators, your growing everything very well.
ZWUM, thank you
I am very disappointed in the material of the Epi-Web. It is poorly suited to the conditions of my orhi-cage. Orchids do not grow in it and very dry. Natural pine bark, moss sfagrumovy and charcoal, the best substrate for the orchid. There was no time to rework orhidariuma, as I had planned. All the time were employed to protect the work of PhD dissertations.
Again, I am glad blossoming Princess Mikasa Blue. This is the same askotsenda, who am of two trunks, after removing the top. I showed it earlier in the pictures. Photo of vanilla on the windowsill. And again, Cymbidium photos in color on the window sill.
With the development of a new project orhidarium, questions arise, in particular, how to make a uniform watering. Watering in my current orhiterrarium, by nozzles. Orchids are grown up, got large leaves. This resulted in the fact that water from the nozzles is deposited on leaves, leaving a dry substrate. So the question arose, how remake irrigation system.
There was two versions of automatic irrigation orhiterrarium.
The first option - to leave the sprinkler irrigation system, increasing the number of jets to 24 and put them parallel to the substrate surface at a height of 3-5 cm.
Here the 24 nozzles, the effectiveness of wetting of the substrate, rather than the leaves, remains open.
The second option - to abandon irrigation system and switch to a system of irrigation of lawns, with stationary srinklers at 360 degrees.
Here the 21 sprinklers, but I took a calculated radius of the spray 35 cm, in reality, usually a minimum diameter of 60 cm, they write that the whole area of the shed diameter. The angle of spray is any, up to 5 degrees.
Automatic watering, without my participation has led to the fact that there was orchidarium epiweb's desert with oases, where moisture still fell. Many orchids suffered and died, while some grow opposite tops, and do not bloom.
There were only 6 nozzles for watering. I replaced the pump for the more powerful and added another 10 nozzles.
And now the 16 nozzles.
Get natural rain forest
Well done! I have always wanted a orchiterrarium but have never bite! One day One day