Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Trichopilia gracilis 'Orchid Court' CBR/AOS

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by tenman, Nov 17, 2019.

1. tenman

tenman Well-Known Member

This winter-blooming member of the fragrans section produces these 4.3 cm crystalline textured snow white flowers with orange in the throat and a rich sweet fragrance on short upright stems of up to 3 flowers each. Currently growing in a medium/fine bark mix in a plastic pot, kept moist and cool year-round in lower light.

gracilisoc1119.jpg

gracilisocplant1119.jpg

peterlilie, DarleneJay and weeand like this.
  2. Millard Hennessee

Millard Hennessee New Member

Were you able to purchase this through Ecuagenera? About what temperature and light levels are you growing this at? Thanks.

3. tenman

tenman Well-Known Member

Good to hear from you! I'm afraid I don't recall the source for this one, though it's possible it was Ecuagenera; the original tag is long gone. I grow this in lower light, cooler, and don't let it dry out much. I only realized how fragrant it is last winter when my gas lines froze up and I was heating with electric space heaters and going out into the greenhouse at night to check on it and found it is super fragrant at night.

4. Millard Hennessee

Millard Hennessee New Member

I am setting up a new indoor growing room as we have moved and am going from HID to LED only.With all the cannabis being grown, there is a lot more info out there, but only one article in the AOS Bulletin, which got into no real details. I just purchased several species from Ecuagenera and Andy's, but am having a harder time finding the Costa Rican species. Great knowing you are still growing Trichopilias. I will keep you posted on the progress.

tenman likes this.