Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Things in Bloom

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by rico, Jul 14, 2018.

1. rico

rico Active Member

Since some of these flowers have faded I thought I would just post one big thread of things from this summer. Firstly, a couple hybrids came into bloom (Miltassia Shelob and Wilsonara Eye Candy 'Penny Candy'). The species in bloom are Coelogyne calcicola, Cyrtochilum villenaorum, and Mormodes maculata var. unicolor. All three are recent acquisitions to some degree. The Coelogyne was bought last year in spike, but didn't do a thing until this summer when it started flowering. It flowers successively and has a fragrance similar to cloves (in my opinion). The Cyrtochilum was bought just a few months ago (also in spike)- I'm just glad it isn't dead already. The Mormodes was bought earlier this year while it was dormant; I can only take credit for not rotting the new growths! It has an odd fragrance, but it doesn't smell bad.

IMG_4232.jpg IMG_4139.JPG IMG_4172.JPG IMG_4359.JPG IMG_4356.JPG IMG_4360.jpg

Kipper and Mikhail kujawa like this.
  2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Nicely done, Carter.

rico likes this.
  3. Mikhail kujawa

Mikhail kujawa Well-Known Member

Lots of eye candy! :)

rico likes this.
  4. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad to see you post and know that things are growing well for you.

rico likes this.