Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

The Queen Bee -- in situ

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by Reyna, May 23, 2012.

1. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

So, this is actually Angcm. Lemforde White Beauty, but she looks like she is reigning over this corner of the greenhouse at the moment. So, technically not in situ, but definitely a queen bee. :D

Lemforde White Beauty is an older Angraecum hybrid -- one of the classics. Angcm. sesquipedale x magdalenae. It smells absolutely fantastic! There are actually two different clones of this blooming in my greenhouse at the moment.
    Angcm Lemforde White Beauty The Queen Bee sm.jpg lemforde white beauty1 sm.jpg lemforde white beauty2 sm.jpg

2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

That is a beauty! Unfortunately, I was so taken with the clean glass/plastic that I was distracted.

3. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

Oh my!!! How glorious. Such a beautiful specimen and what flowers!! I wish I could smell it, it must be divine.

4. gnathaniel

gnathaniel Lurker Supporting Member

Very nice! I bet your greenhouse often smells great, what with all the Angs you grow.

5. DPfarr

DPfarr Well-Known Member

Phal giganteas above?

6. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

That's funny! Yes, since my greenhouse is attached to my house I have to keep it pretty clean. :) That is a good thing, and an annoying thing. Because of my POA rules, I couldn't have a detached greenhouse and it had to be glass. So I basically have a glass conservatory that attaches just off the breakfast nook via double doors. It is heavenly -- but has to be kept clean that close to the kitchen. :D

Yes, I love the fragrance. It really is wonderful in there. (And it makes my whole house smell good.

I'd love it if you came over -- you are welcome any time you happen to be on a plane headed this way . . . . :)

Yes, I have a bunch of giganteas -- I think you can see 3 or 4 of them in the picture. I love them -- even when not in bloom the leaves are just fabulous.

7. xmpraedicta

xmpraedicta Prairie angraecoid nut Supporting Member

Stunning specimen! A fantastic classic hybrid that isn't seen so much anymore, sadly.

8. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

Wouldn't that be nice! Thank you, Reyna for inviting me :D

9. orchidnut57

orchidnut57 Member

Excellent growing

One of my favs

10. DPfarr

DPfarr Well-Known Member

Agreed, they look tremendous and handsome.