Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

The back yard(since I only had room for 5 pics. of front yard)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Orchidbyte, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Orchidbyte

Orchidbyte Active Member

Some pics. of the side yard and back yard shade area with orchids and other rare and unique plants.

The last 2 pics. are of a Trevesia (Snow Flake Aralia). I have had her for over 20 years, got her at a rare plant sale, she was the only one and she was not cheep for a small 6" pot, the most expensive plant I ever paid for at that point in my life. at one point about 9 years ago I planted her in the ground and she took off, sshe got over 30 feet tall and leaves over 5 feey across, what a beauty. But we sold the house and moved to a new home and I could not leav her there, No. So I cut her down to about 4 feet and she blead sap for about a week and then about a month later I dug her up and planted her in a whisky berrel and moved her here. It took 6 months for Eyes to develope and new growth to begin, since then over 2 feet of growth, yippie.
    DSC04261.JPG DSC04258.JPG DSC04247.JPG DSC04281.JPG Copy of DSC04282.JPG