Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

So what did you get??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by piggy30, Dec 25, 2008.

1. piggy30

piggy30 Free?

So what did everyone get from Santa?? Any orchids??

My hubby got me a pig tea kettle, cupcake holder, books, etc and most important a ROOMBA! I've always wanted one of these. The thought of something other than me cleaning is fabulous! I've got it plugged in and charging and can't wait to set it loose tomorrow.

But alas, no orchids.

Cathy

2. Candace

Candace Kept Woman Supporting Member

My gift didn't arrive as he was told only a few days ago they were backordered:< But, I'm supposedly getting the tripod I wanted.

3. Tracey

Tracey Interloper

I got a lovely new watch

4. abaxter

abaxter New Member

I got a gorgeous handmade door!

5. Hank_MN

Hank_MN New Member

Oak Hills gift certificate, books and DVDs...

6. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

A chocolate cream pie!!! From my friend, V.

From the dh, an iPod docking station am/fm radio thing. It's cool.

7. Dale

Dale New Member

A lump of coal. [​IMG]

8. Alexis

Alexis New Member

Unlike Dale, I have been aware of Christmas' approach, and have been on my very best behavior so as to avoid the unfortunate appearance of coal under the tree. Of potential interest to this crowd, my booty this year includes a Manfrotto monopod, a macro lens for my new XTi, a GC to Andy's, and 3 orchid books (Miniature Orchids, The Classic Cattleyas, and The Illustrated Dictionary of Orchid Genera.)

I'm a happy camper!

9. Dale

Dale New Member

Well, I probably deserved a lump of coal today. I've been having Christmas since July. I got two brand new irrigation pumps, a free new 15hp motor on another, and a re-build on my 3hp creek pump. New glazing on my GH and a new pumphouse. An' a new telescope. An' a record crop. An' a new kick-ass computer 2 days ago that Forrest ordered for me; skinflint made me pay for it, though. Ramen noodles for Christmas dinner.

10. LynneTyson

LynneTyson New Member

Merry Christmas you all! You'll love that new computer Dale. Hows the weather up there?
    Weather here is down to a chilling 43 degrees

11. Dale

Dale New Member

"Hows the weather up there?"

Oh, it's not too bad, Lynne. Got down to 27° a couple nights; froze back my tibouchinas and damaged my King Protea, but they'll survive. No snow. Presently 39.6°F with occasional thunder which terrifies the Princesses.

Propane guy made a delivery two days ago. I bitched about the price so he called the office and they gave me a $.30/gallon reduction in price. Talk about reinforcing bad behavior...

12. Ron-NY

Ron-NY New Member

I will be eating rice and beans for the next few years...We bought a money pit but a nestled in the pines, lake front money pit. We didn't let the kids know but surprised them with it today. It's a fixer-upper. We are hoping to fix it up and use it as a summer residence in our retirement. In the interim we will have fun while working on it and it will be a place that the family can gather in the future. It looks like my time, during nice weather, will be tied up making this into what we want.

ai12.photobucket.com_albums_a206_Ron_NY_lake_20house_porch2.jpg

ai12.photobucket.com_albums_a206_Ron_NY_lake_20house_lake.jpg

ai12.photobucket.com_albums_a206_Ron_NY_lake_20house_P4120028.jpg

ai12.photobucket.com_albums_a206_Ron_NY_lake_20house_P4120029_edited.jpg

ai12.photobucket.com_albums_a206_Ron_NY_lake_20house_frontview.jpg

These pics were taken when we first started looking at it. Today the lake was frozen and everything else snow covered.

13. Chris

Chris New Member

New snowboard bindings, an indestructible case for my iPhone and some iTunes dollars. :)

14. Tom_in_PA

Tom_in_PA I am not an addict

We don't do much for each other since we like to spend on the kids but I did get a new watch, wallet and most importantly a GC for Parkside. Looks like another road trip in January ;)

Ron -- Nice view....I am sure you will love it as my in-laws just did the same thing a couple years ago. They had the same intentions as you but last year thet moved into the lake house year round as they loved it so much.

15. Karen

Karen Species nut

16. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

Ron wins.

17. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

Ron wins BIG TIME. That is fantastic, Ron!

18. dounoharm

dounoharm almost there

i got a beautiful hand crafted adirondack chair in the gh for my dad to sit in when he comes out to view the orchids....and it works fine, yesterday he napped in it for an hour!

19. DawnC

DawnC New Member

We buy what we want when we want it and focus the holiday on the kids. So, I guess watching the wildmans face light up was the best gift I could ask for.

[​IMG]

20. Doc Elly

Doc Elly Member

Ron definitely wins. What an awesome view!!! And so much land to put a greenhouse on...

I have had time during the snow days to surf the orchid vendors and am getting myself a Trias picta (YEAH! :D), a Gastrochilus matsuran, and two Aerangis species that I still don't have.