Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Restrepia condorensis

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by wpinnix, Jan 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. wpinnix

wpinnix William Pinnix

I got this from Dan Newman back in February as a two leaf division. I love this for it's amazing shocking color!

restrepia_condorensis1.jpg restrepia_condorensis.jpg restrepia_condorensis2.jpg

Ted Baenziger and Tonya like this.
  2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice. Has the plant grown well for you in your cool conditions in the past 11 months?

3. wpinnix

wpinnix William Pinnix

Kelly, it's grown a lot of roots, but hasn't grown any leaves. It does seem happy and I expect it will put out a flush of new growths this spring.

4. Boytjie

Boytjie Out hiking Supporting Member

Nice to know what to expect! I got one in sad shape a few months ago, two leaves and no roots, and it seems to be perking up a bit now that it's under lights in the cool cellar tank. How much light do you give this one?

5. wpinnix

wpinnix William Pinnix

So far it's in a fairly shady spot, mostly due to space issues. At some point in the future when my cold greenhouse is done I'll give it more light.