Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Rating a thread

Discussion in 'Website Support & Feedback' started by Tom-DE, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Tom-DE

Tom-DE Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Personally I dislike this feature. The rating is not fair in some cases...good threads are rated down because someone dislike the thread starter...
    To be fair, I would like to see who rates the thread if the rating feature is going to stay, otherwise I suggest we should eliminate the rating feature as the old OI did.

2. Dale

Dale New Member

I gave you five stars, Tom.

3. Tom-DE

I know you will!:)

4. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

Tom is right.

Just because the software has the capability, it doesn't mean it has to be used.

Folks are pretty good about explaining agreement and disagreement, being a far better way of expressing ratings.

5. Enrique

Enrique Big E

I don't think the "old" OI disabled this feature Tom, as it was already turned on in the admin control panel when I got here.

6. Tom-DE

well, probably they didn't turn it off when they updated the forum... but over all these year, as you would see, there was no thread rated until now.

It is just a suggestion because many of us don't think it is a good feature. plus, I always want people to say things in front of me not behind me.