Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Pleurothallis pectinata

Discussion in 'Orchid Culture' started by orchidnick, Feb 11, 2013.

1. orchidnick

orchidnick Member

After looking, begging, grovelling and pleading for over 6 month, I finally landed 2 small divisions. They each consist of 2 adult leaves with one new leaf starting on one and nearly finished on the larger one. Andy said he killed every one he ever had, I know of one other great grower who has one which is declining despite his efforts. There are 2 plants I have seen which are doing well in intermediate conditions. One of the growers thought they prefer less humidity rather than more being prone to black spots on the leaves.

Any tricks to growing this one. Should one grow it upside down from the get-go or let it find it's own attitude? I really don't have an intermediate house, only a warm and a cold house. I plan to put one of the divisions in each of the 2 GH finding the warmer spot in the cool house and the cooler spot in the warm house.

Nick

2. Tom-DE

Tom-DE Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mine grows better under warmish temperature(60~85F), shady(500-800FC) and good rh. Let it dry out slightly between waterings. Some air movement but not too strong.

Grow it upright...the leaves will hang down naturally.