Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Phragmipedium fischeri

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by naoki, Nov 9, 2019.

1. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

I got this from Troy Meyers in May 2017. It is from 'MC6945's spontaneous seeds (by Rick Lockwood). Another plant from this flask flowered earlier this summer, so it took about 2 years after deflask. It wasn't doing too well in the flask according to Troy. Seeds were sown in Oct 2014, and reflasked 3 times. Troy considered the flask to be problematic even after 3 years, but I told him that it is ok. After deflasking, I lost quite a lot. Many of them wasn't growing much in the beginning, but a few of them eventually started to grow (quite rapidly). You can see quite a variation in the size within this compot. I'm actually surprised that two plants already flowered even though they are fairly small.
    PA245370.jpg PA245379.jpg PA245389.jpg

Marni, DarleneJay, wpinnix and 2 others like this.
  2. mrhappyrotter

mrhappyrotter New Member

Cute! They are tiny plants and bloom while so small.

3. DarleneJay

DarleneJay Well-Known Member

That is so adorable! Nice growing Naoki.

I have a fischeri that is well over double the size of yours and no blooms to show for it... Clearly, it needs a stern talking to.

4. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

Darlene, I also have another one which I bought as a plant (not flask) around the same time, and the bigger one hasn't flowered yet.