Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Phalaenopsis

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by JohnsonS, Mar 9, 2017.

1. JohnsonS

JohnsonS Active Member

I have never had much interest in hybrids. Something about the natural history of wild species (yes, I realize hybrids can be natural too) has always appealed to me far more than something "synthetic" and touched by the hand of man. I have also never had much interest in the larger genera, perhaps because I predominately grow my plants in small vivaria. And so, it is also a little strange to not have to hunt for the tiny details seen only through the aid of magnifying optics that my Pleurothallids so often require.

This one was somewhat of a sorry sight just a year ago, with its floppy leaves and anemic roots and absence of flowers for quite some time. I repotted it and moved it to a spot on my shelf that gets bright, indirect light from an LED and regular attention and it has once again flowered.

Phalaenopsis hybrid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MattWoelfsen and Kipper like this.
  2. Kipper

Kipper CoffeeCoffeeCoffee... Supporting Member

Really nice photos Shaun. Love the Phal too...

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Good save.