Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Pectabenaria Thai Dancer

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by RustyExotics, Oct 8, 2019.

1. RustyExotics

RustyExotics Nicholas - It's a terrestrial thing

I have many Habenaria/intergeneric pictures to upload, but school has been leeching all my time as of recently, so I haven't had a moment to really say what I want to say about any hybrids or species that I have. I'll post them eventually, but I figured I'd try to at least post some pictures quickly.

I received this hybrid a few years ago before it was named. Almost a year ago, it was finally named by Leon Glicenstein. It's a hybrid between Habenaria carnea and Pecteilis susannae. Hab. carnea has beautiful, dark, mottled foliage that only partially carries through on this hybrid. Pecteilis susannae tend to be very prone to rot for whatever reason, but (thus far) that doesn't appear to be the case for this hybrid (knock on wood).

I was never a fan at first, but I really enjoy the flowers now that I've seen them in person. They're decently large and carry no fragrance. Grown intermediate, bright light, and lots of water.

P1150235.JPG
    P1150277.JPG

Ricardo and Raven like this.
  2. sam1147

sam1147 sam1147

Awesome