Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Paphiopedilum stonei

Discussion in 'Orchid Culture' started by ZWUM, Apr 14, 2014.

1. ZWUM

ZWUM Bulbophiliac Staff Member

I just got this one and I would love to hear how others are growing it. It's a big imported plant and I was debating on whether to pot it in a pot or a basket. Also is there any particular mix that others are using? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397520979.234078.jpg

2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm not a paph grower, but it looks like very nice plant.

3. chicago chad

chicago chad Active Member

I am sure that you saw my post and some others on ST. I would talk to Wayne about his success. He seems to have it down.

4. ZWUM

ZWUM Bulbophiliac Staff Member

Yes I was surprised by the size of them and it was relatively inexpensive so I couldn't pass it up.

I did chad thanks for the info! I don't know wayne I'm assuming he's the one who posted the massive plant on st?

5. chicago chad

chicago chad Active Member

Wayne is the same guy with the huge stonei. I would personally try and get some Diatomite for it. This species has really done well in it for me at about a 50/50 ratio. It is still a pain to find but it is worth it in my opinion.