Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Orchid Identificatilon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brian DJ, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:25 AM.

1. Brian DJ

Brian DJ New Member

I have been an orchid grower for 20+ years, but sadly do not put as much effort in to my remaining collection compared to my early days of orchid growing. A few days ago I was talking to a near neighjbour and she noticed me looking at one of the orchids growing in her palm tree and said would you like a pece and of course I said yes. Anyway she did not know its name and I haven't been able to identify it on the internet. As this is my first time on this forum I will try and upload an image and would be greatful if someone could identify it for me please.
    [​IMG]

Fereydoon likes this.
  2. Brian DJ

Brian DJ New Member

I will add that I live in Queensland, Australia in case this forum is world wide and that the plant I got the piece from was clinging to the trunk of a palm tree and was to me anyway, like a Denbrobium Kingianum type plant. Brian DJ

3. GaryYG

GaryYG Member

Hi Brian,

Your plant looks to me to be Durabaculum undulatum [syn. Dendrobium discolor], which is native to the Qld coast from Cape York Peninsula down to Rockhampton and extends into New Guinea.

Cheers.

Gary

Brian DJ and naoki like this.
  4. Brian DJ

Brian DJ New Member

Thanks Gary for your information. Brian DJ