Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Newbie on the house

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ray n, Oct 16, 2017.

1. ray n

ray n New Member

hi? i'm Ray, 40yrs old. father of 10yrs old boy. an orchids lover as well as orchids hunter. i live in bogor, indonesia. i love species orchid and the family of Dendrobium. my wife also love orchids because of my radiance.

image attached is orchid i hunted 3 months ago near Gede mountain in west java. its flower only bloom for 2 days but it really2 radiance of nature perfumes for radius 2 - 3 meters.

sdffff.jpg

Kipper and Steve B like this.
  2. Nisanisa

Nisanisa Well-Known Member

Hello Ray,
    Nice to meet you. I live in East Java, so we are a kind of neighbour i suppose :)

3. ray n

ray n New Member

hi nisa... as we could write bahasa, could we just post in bahasa or must english..

4. Nisanisa

Nisanisa Well-Known Member

I thînk we should write in English Ray, as the members of this forum come from many different countries

Marni likes this.
  5. ray n

ray n New Member

ok. nice to know u too :)

6. Steve B

Steve B Active Member Supporting Member

Welcome,Gentlemen and very interesting locations that you live at. I live in Florida,US.Wish I could hunt orchids,too.But not wild around here so I grow in a shade house.

7. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome, Ray.

8. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

Welcome, we'd love to see orchids growing in nature!

9. ray n

ray n New Member

thank you for welcoming me folks and nice to know you all [sorry for my english]

sdfff.jpg

this orchid i got at the dense woods of Salak mountain years ago. i hard to find what the exactly type of it but the villagers say "anggrek macan". i think its not similar to Sumatra's Tiger Orchids but its stripes look similar to tiger's stripes [the sumatran tiger orchids have bright yellow]. infact i found it on west java.

10. Steve B

Are they called tiger orchids because they have stripes or is there another reason?

11. ray n

ray n New Member

i thought they called tiger orchid due to its pattern. infact, the popular and the biggest orchid of the world of Tiger Orchid dont have stripes pattern similar to tiger. does it? it look like cheetah pattern to me.

dsfdsf.jpg

12. ray n

ray n New Member

this is my dendro caesar, the first hibrid in indonesia back to 1930.

sdfff.jpg

13. Steve B

It’s a pretty one nice growing.do you grow it outside under trees?

14. ray n

ray n New Member

they are all growing outside under concrete of my house and some of them shelter inside the canopy of starfruit tree. they only got direct sunshine 8 to 11 am. most of my moth orchids hates sunshine.

15. ray n

ray n New Member

this was my black orchid when it was blooming december 2016. it does not ever bloom yet now. i got this from my friend that got it when he visited Samarinda [east Borneo island].

fggg.jpg