Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

New to Orchids forum, but 46 years of orchid experience!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Roberts Flower Supply, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Roberts Flower Supply

Roberts Flower Supply New Member

We bought 3 orchids on our honeymoon in 1973, the start of our orchid fever "infection". We actually still have divisions of one of them (Miltonia spectabilis.) In 1987 we started a sideline of selling orchid potting mix and other cultural supplies, as well as native orchids, especially cypripediums. We enjoy connecting with other orchid enthusiasts, and offer delivery of our products free of charge to any of the orchid shows we attend in OH, MI and PA. We are contemplating retirement from the show circuit, however, within the next few years, and would like to hear your opinions on this subject. We either need to grow our business enough that we can afford to hire full time help, or just have a going out of business SLOW sale. For any of you that may know us, what do you think? If you'd like to see our products, visit our website orchidmix.com. We appreciate your time and any responses.

2. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

Welcome, Wayne.

Maybe you should follow my example: by simply not restocking as they sold out, over a three-year period I went from a greenhouse full of plants and over 300 hardgood products occupying over 5000 square feet of storage area to just 3 products occupying 50 square feet in my garage here in coastal NC, where we moved two years ago.

3. carl

carl Active Member

Well, like Ray says, welcome to the forum.

I can also say that I've bought the bulk of my potting medium from you, and have always been satisfied both with quality and service.

4. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

Wayne and I were "competitors" for years (we had a good chuckle about that when I visited him once, having also done business with each other).

He's growing some nice cypripediums in his yard, too! (Or did...)