Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

New from MN

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GAdam, Apr 16, 2018.

1. GAdam

GAdam New Member

Hello All,

I've been following things on the forum here for a while and thought I'd better actually get around to an introduction at some point!

I've been growing orchids for the last six years or so, though things have really intensified in the last couple as I spent time working for a local grower (Orchids Ltd.) and developing my own growing spaces at home.

I currently have around 145 different hybrids/species (mostly species) with a general trend towards intermediate growing miniatures. I have a few of a lot of groups at this point, but my favorites are the Bulbophyllums, Scaphosepalums, and select Dendrobiums (some of the cuthbertsonii hybrids). I also have a small representation of Japanese orchids (Neofinetia, Den. moniliforme) on the side courtesy of some mentoring at OL. I'll do a more detailed post on my growing setup another time, but here's a teaser of the orchidarium I've built and continued to enhance over the last year or so.

Cheers,
    George

0408181259_HDR.jpg

Daniel925 and rico like this.
  2. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

Welcome, George. It looks like a very nice collection! You are fortunate have a nice local nursery there!

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, George. Nice orchidarium.

4. randy baum

randy baum New Member

Hi, George. I live in Albertville. I'm sure we will meet, if we haven't already. I was thinking of dropping in to OL earlier today. The problem is that I've filled one terrarium already. I should probably start setting up a new one to fill :)

5. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to you sharing plants from you wonderful set up. How big is your growing case?

6. GAdam

GAdam New Member

Thanks everyone!

Marni - The case I'm growing in is one of the Exoterra brand 36"x36"x18" glass dual-door terrariums. I'm obviously going to have to either expand my growing space or winnow down the collection a bit as things fill in more.....