Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Neocogniauxia monophylla

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Roberta, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Roberta

Roberta Active Member

I got this plant from Mikhail Kujawa about 2 1/2 years ago, and wanted to post some "baby pictures" - it is thriving on my coastal southern California patio. Last year I got 2 flowers (and a few buds that blasted) but this year it has put on a terrific show. Plant is in a 2 inch (5 cm) basket (the terracotta pot just for weight), with 1 3/4 inch (4 cm) flowers on 3-4 inch (7.5-10 cm) spikes.
    5100_Neocogniauxia monophylla 2.jpg 5100C_Neocogniauxia monophylla 2.jpg 5100N_Neocogniauxia monophylla.jpg 5100H_Neocgniauxia monophylla.jpg View attachment 46051 View attachment 46052 View attachment 46053 View attachment 46054 View attachment 46051 View attachment 46052 View attachment 46053 View attachment 46054 View attachment 46051 View attachment 46052 View attachment 46053 View attachment 46054 View attachment 46051

J E, Sabinchen, ash1de and 5 others like this.
  2. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Mine is in bud too! It obviously likes your coastal California climate! I never get more than two flowers a year.

3. Mat Brutger

Mat Brutger Member

Well done! I got two from him last year, grew one warm and one cool since it seems to be able to handle either. The one I grew cool had four flowers (just wrapping up) and the one I grew warm didn't flower at all. They're both now in the cool case.

4. Roberta

Roberta Active Member

Last year, summer was warmer, I think it turned hot in August/September and that's likely why some blasted.(Though it could have been that the plant was still too young to support the additional flowers) This year has been delightfully cool most of the summer, especially at night. And now it actually feels a bit autumnal. I do think this species likes that. I like it too.

5. Sabinchen

Sabinchen Well-Known Member

WOOOOW it is a Beauty:clap:

6. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

Looking great!

7. J E

J E Jaime Escobedo

Very nice