Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Myrmecophila thomsoniana alba NOT!!

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by tenman, Jul 3, 2020.

1. tenman

tenman Well-Known Member

So disappointed. Finally bloomed this after ten years of careful, loving nurturing, only to find it is not what it was labeled. Lovely flower, but not what I paid for, not what I spent ten years caring for. Had to manipulate the image a bit to get the color closer to actual since my phone wouldn't pick it up correctly; the segments are a pale apple green, the lip is about right, maybe a little paler than in the pic.

thomsonianaalbaNOT0720.jpg

sam1147 likes this.
  2. Cor van Honk

Cor van Honk Member

But nice it is! Ten years....mmmh. mine is only two.

3. Cor van Honk

Cor van Honk Member

If you remember where you bought it, please share!

4. tenman

tenman Well-Known Member

I no longer have the original tag and don't actually remember where I got it, maybe 12-15 years ago, but if I had to guess, I would say Oak Hill. I have another mini myrmecophila which has the original tag and it iwas from Oak Hill, so chances are better than even I picked this one up during the same visit.

5. RustyExotics

RustyExotics Nicholas - It's a terrestrial thing

Ouch... A decade for a mislabeled plant is tough... It's still beautiful though!