Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Mycorrhizal inoculations

Discussion in 'Orchid Culture' started by Sand, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Sand

Sand New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been reading in some terrarium forums about introducing mycorrhizals into the mix via premixed soils that include it or water based mixes. Apparently the results are very good in terms of root health and disease resistance.
    Does anyone have experience with this and orchids? Specifically a water based product?
    I grow almost exclusively on mounts as well.
    Thanks.

2. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

3. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

In the US, I haven't seen any commercial mycorrhizal fungi for orchids. Those mycorrhizal fungi you see at garden shops are not species compatible with orchids.

4. RustyExotics

RustyExotics Nicholas - It's a terrestrial thing

I am an extremely large supported or Inocucor, which Ray mentioned. From my experience, it works wonders with increasing the health of the plant. the only thing I don't use it with is tuber-based terrestrial orchids. They seem to enjoy the inoculant during growth, but the increased microbiota in the soil causes the tubers to rot at resounding speeds shortly after going dormant.