Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

My vice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by L I Jane, Dec 6, 2008.

1. L I Jane

L I Jane New Member

I'm interested in collecting Alaskan baskets & baskets of other Indian tribes.I also have a good collection of ivory, whalebone carvings etc & some masks by the Inuits. It's like orchids--you can become addicted!

2. Forrest

Forrest Really Neat

Interesting.

You ever watch King of the Hill? Dale the exterminator is into baskets. I just saw that episode last night.

3. Candace

Candace Kept Woman Supporting Member

Any photos? I'd love to see them.

4. Tom_in_PA

Tom_in_PA I am not an addict

definitely sounds interesting and I to would love to se pictures. As a side not I am currently taking an eclective class at school right now in History. It is a class about local/PA History and I am currently writing a paper about the Lenni Lenape (Deleware) Indians.

5. joelin

joelin I hate bush snails

I think Jane is a basket case.

6. Ron-NY

Ron-NY New Member

Interesting collection! I too would like to see pics of them

I have a few odd collections. I have always been into collecting. Started with collecting stamps as a child.

One of my favorite collections is animal covered dishes. I went to an auction one time and picked up a dove on a nest, covered dish. It was made out of amethyst slag glass. I then was at an antique fair and came across a lion covered dish again in amethyst slag glass and purchased it. Well more than one is a start of a collection. I now have cows, duck, lion, turtle, horse, swan and others. All is the purple slag glass.
    86742a.jpg

7. Colleen-AK

Colleen-AK Member

Do you have any Mastadon? heeheeee... I know a man that found an entire complete ivory tusk.. it not for sale at any price--and would in fact be illegal for HIM to sell. Some things have to be signed by a native--like Mammoth or Mastadon ivory, whale baleens...and they are illegal to ship out of the state.. I'm not sure if a native can take it out or not... but a definate no-no for non-natives.

8. DawnC

DawnC New Member

Sounds cool. Pics please.