Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

My new friend.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DPfarr, Apr 17, 2020.

1. DPfarr

DPfarr Well-Known Member

I bought this guy as a wee hatchling this winter. Wednesday (4-15-20) was the first day he got outside in the sun and he was like a kid who had his first espresso.

[​IMG]

I donated to my university so that I can get him to hang out in the greenhouses with me in the summer.

Lauren B., leo, RustyExotics and 3 others like this.
  2. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

Do they tend not to wander off, or are the greenhouses screened to prevent things coming in or out?

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

How big is it now and how large will it get? Beautiful.

4. DPfarr

DPfarr Well-Known Member

He’s probably 9” nose to tail. I don’t know how big they get really. I think he will just fill out his frame.

Chuck, he lives in a big screened cage I built him. Auto misters, lots of different light, trees, even some Aerangis mounted in there.

The greenhouses are sealed up glass. Nothing should be getting in! I probably won’t leave him alone. I let him wander the lab a bit and it is pretty fun to watch how he incorporates his tail in navigating most things. Strange animal.

5. RustyExotics

RustyExotics Nicholas - It's a terrestrial thing

He's adorable!