Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

My new foster dog, BG

Discussion in 'Pets and Wildlife' started by deweychop, Oct 25, 2011.

1. deweychop

deweychop Almost house broken

Here is my new foster dog, BG, which stands for Baby Girl which I REFUSE to call her. Maxi is my baby girl :)
    Anyways, her story is a sad one. She was found in the yard of a foreclosed home where the owners left her. Before they abandoned her, they bred her. We know she was purposely bred because the pups were all pure pit bulls. She gave birth in that yard with no food and water in sight. When she was found, she was emmaciated, barely had any milk, surrounded by 12 puppies. 9 were dead. The 3 surviving pups are all in great shape and now 8 weeks and ready for adoption. Actually 1 has already been approved for a home and will be leaving later this week. BG is now on the road to recovery. She has no manners, but she's willing to listen and sweet. I took her for her first walk with me, and it was amazing how the world is a new place for her. She was alert to every sound and movement as though it was all firsts for her. She herself is a puppy. Estimated to be 11-13 months old. She needs to gain 10-15 pounds but other than that she is a healthy girl. I would like to introduce you all to BG, the girl with a sad past, but an exciting and safe new future.
    ai145.photobucket.com_albums_r228_Deweyandtricia_IMAG0367.jpg

Her puppies
    ai145.photobucket.com_albums_r228_Deweyandtricia_BGpups.jpg

2. Zack

Zack Will work for plants Supporting Member

It so sad to hear about the nine puppies that didn't make it, but they're all so adorable (including momma) that I know they'll find their forever-homes soon.

3. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

What's shipping to Oregon? Linda needs a new puppy friend. :)

4. Alexis

Alexis New Member

Good for you, Dew! You're such an awesome guy. I know you'll have BG trained and well mannered in very short order. How is she around the other pups? Will it take more training to socialize her?

I wish more people in this world were like you, and NONE like the GDMFing losers that made her suffer the way she did. You done good, my friend.

5. deweychop

Hey Alexis!!! She's met my dogs through a fence, but the butt sniffing probably won't happen for another day or so. :) My understanding is she is good with other dogs and trusts people. As soon as I met her the doggie kisses started. Socializing should come easy as long as I'm consistant.

6. deweychop

She can be on a plane by tonight :)

7. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

You are the best person I know, Dew.

8. Dale

Dale New Member

"She can be on a plane by tonight"

Send her to my Santa Cruz address, please. Thank you.