Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

My first thread

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jimminy.cricket, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jimminy.cricket

jimminy.cricket New Member

Hi Folks, This is my first time on here. I have been looking at the species section the last few days. I live in an apartment and have over 250 orchids so far. I have a little bit of everything. As my confidence improves, I'm buying more challenging orchids. The end of this week I have some new additions coming. Stelis ciliolata, Lemobglossom majale, habenaria ericmichaeli, Cynorchis fastigiata, and Cynorchis gibbosa. I have about 2/3 of my orchids out on the balcony for the summer. The intermediates I keep here in the apartment. Looking for a bigger place (he he). I have wanted to grow orchids for 30 plus yrs and I so enjoy it. For the past 6 yr I have been growing rare & endangereded palms & cycads from seed. And now with the orchids, I get to have flowers yr round as well. That's it for now..................jimmy

2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to OI. It sounds as if you are already addicted. ;)

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to OI. 250 plants in an apartment...WOW. Where do you live that you can have them on the balcony?

4. John Klinger

John Klinger Active Member Supporting Member

Welcome, with 250 plants, that should keep you busy. Keep us informed, please.

5. T. migratoris

T. migratoris Active Member

I'm a big cycad fan myself. Welcome. Post some pics of your cycads when you get a minute.

6. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

Hi Jimmy! Welcome to OI. How cool that you are also into palms and cycads, two of my other great loves. Awesome that you grow Cynorkis gibbosa :)

I am also pleasantly surprised! I will post some of my cycad pictures too.

7. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

Hi and welcome. I imagine your balcony is more of its own little jungle. :)

8. noioi

noioi Member

Hi and welcome. :p