Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Multiple angraecoid species in situ Reunion

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Reyna, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

Hi again -- so I've been trying to sort through all my photos from Reunion and Madagascar and finally decided the only way to do it was day by day. So for the last two weeks, I've posted 1 day each from Reunion. I still have 2 more days in Reunion and then just shy of two weeks in Madagascar.

I took photos of a number of plants that weren't angraecoids, but the vast majority were. You can see the pictures at http://angraecoids.blogspot.com/

As I get myself organized, I will try to add more notes on habitat. Though there are some there already.

lepetitmartien likes this.
  2. ZWUM

ZWUM Bulbophiliac Staff Member

thats really awesome! great pics thanks for sharing

3. Lisa N.

Lisa N. Member

That's really interesting! Thanks!

4. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

It sounds like that it was an amazing trip. Excellent blog! I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

5. Jeff9

Jeff9 Member

Amazing, i hope i will get to visit madagascar some day. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.

How far off trail did you venture? In one of the pictures you are standing in a relatively open area it seems, is that the vegitation in madagascar or is that area already damaged by logging?

Any risks associated with orchid hunting in madagascar like in some other countries?