Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Morty at 17mths

Discussion in 'Pets and Wildlife' started by Fiona, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Hi all

Well the boy is 17mths old and in around 4 weeks time will have some more interactive company than Talin when we bring his new brother home. No photos of the new one yet as the breeder is still deciding on which one she will keep but he is another GSP and from the photos so far (and from his parents) he should be a really lovely looking boy as well ....

Anyway this was about Morty ... so here he is - in a brief, unusually serene moment of maturity - it didn't last long but I had the camera to hand to capture it when it did...

So happy with the way my boy has grown and filled out .... he's maturing very very nicely .... but I look at these photos and wonder where my puppy has gone!

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2491_4201100615_15842fc0b0.jpg

2. Brant

Brant dazed

very handsome !

3. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

He is beautiful, Fee. I can't wait to see the new one.

4. Fiona

Fiona New Member

thanks guys - he's a good boy I'll give him that and I can't wait till the little one comes home too :clap:

5. Dale

Dale New Member

Just one puppy? A puppy needs a same-age playmate. I will admit, though, two puppies are more than twice the trouble of one puppy. It's worth it, though. :)

He's a very good looking boy, Fee. He has that "I live to please" look in his face.

6. Karen

Karen Species nut

He's a beautiful dog!

Dale, are YOU getting another puppy?
    Just asking.....
    ;)

7. Dale

Dale New Member

"Dale, are YOU getting another puppy?"

Gawd no, Karen. I think you should, though. When was the last time you had a puppy?

8. Fiona

Fiona New Member

oh don't worry about that Dale - Morty won't show any signs of actual maturing until he is at least 3-4yrs old so when Archie arrives they will be more than enough for each other....

He is an "I live to please" boy in a lot of ways too (without being too robotic - which is (I'm sorry in advance to anyone that has them) what I think of when I see Border Collies, Aussie Sheps, Cattle Dogs, Kelpies etc working in the ring) - he loves Obedience Training (should be starting to trial in 2010) and Agility training (no where near trialing level yet) and I know he's going to love the WGD (Working GunDog) training we're starting through the club next year as well ... he just loves being with us, happy to go anywhere with us, travels really well and has been an amazing intro to the breed ... but he needs a mate and thus we're getting Archie...

:)

9. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

He looks like he's about to have a helluva lot of fun!