Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Mormodes Gareth Wills

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by DarleneJay, Nov 6, 2019.

1. DarleneJay

DarleneJay Well-Known Member

Definitely one of the oddest and most difficult to photograph plants in the collection...

20191105_204431.jpg 20191105_204445.jpg

Raven likes this.
  2. Harvey south florida z10b

Harvey south florida z10b Active Member

Hi Darlene. Taking pictures of orchids sometimes the best flower can't be taken to look good and a mediocre flower is an eye catcher. Toluminia almost always take good pictures. Spotted and stripes are photogenic. Others are camera shy and pleasing to the eye.

3. tenman

tenman Well-Known Member

Beautiful! SO this is named for Gary? Cool! Looks like it may have some M.tuxtlensis in the background. It's my favorite Mormodes species. Have been trying to find one for ages!

4. DarleneJay

Good eye Tennis! It is about a third M. tuxtlensis. My Gareth Wills came from Sunset Valley Orchids. I don't see them on his site anymore but he may still have some. Maybe even M. tuxtlensis.

If you are interested in this hybrid, let me know. I would be up for a trade.

5. tenman

tenman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip; I asked Fred a while back about this species and got a rather snotty reply back, from the gist of which it was clear he does not have it.

6. DarleneJay

I have found some interesting Catasetinae species from Bela Vista Orchids. They come to Redlands. Unfortunately, I do not see the species you are looking for on their price list, but it does not hurt to ask ([email protected]). Good luck!