Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Miltoniopsis vexillaria variant

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Chuck-NH, May 29, 2017.

1. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Had this for a while as vexillaria alba, but with the touch of pink in the petals, would this be a light colored var. leucoglossa. Not all that up on this genus.

2. Steve B

Steve B Active Member Supporting Member

A beauty,Chuck.so pure and with substance.

3. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

Hello Chuck,
    I know this is an old post, but could you, please, help me with some cultural details for miltoniopsis?
    I have bought a very dehidrated NOID miltoniopsis from a supermarket in March.
    I took it because I hoped I could save it, but I still don't see any improvement. So I start being afraid that I will kill it instead....
    I love miltoniopsis, especially the fragrant ones, but I was never good in growing them :(
    Thank you,
    Dana

4. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

Hi Dana,

Sorry to be slow to respond. I have been traveling a lot lately. I grow Miltoniopsis on the intermediate to cool side with high humidity, even moisture and bright (but not direct sun). I water a lot so I use a slightly larger (medium) bark mix than normal, so it drains faster. If I have a plant in trouble (with no roots), I will sometimes put it in a plastic net pot with just NZ Sphagnum and that seems to bring back to health.

Chuck

5. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

Hi Chuck,
    Thank you very much. :) Your answer came in time for me. I am gathering information, while waiting for my new miltoniopsis...
    I wish to be able to grow this genus .... :) and many others.
    Your plant is amazing!