Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Miltoniopsis phalaenopsis 'John Leathers'

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by DanaRaluca, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

This is my Miltoniopsis phalaenopsis 'John Leathers', bought from Ecuagenera 1 year ago. :) I think it is the only Miltoniopsis that flowered under my care. It started to flower 3 months ago and it had a total of 13 flower spikes, with a maximum of 6 in the same time. Unfortunately I've been too lazy, and I took photos only now . The flowers have a delightful fragrance.
    I am very grateful to Marni, for posting photos and description of this plant ( :) and especially for mentioning the fragrance)

GaryYG and wpinnix like this.
  2. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

Dana, it’s ok to be lazy . That is a beautifully grown plant!

3. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm glad it worked out for you. Your plant is lovely. In case you weren't aware, this is a 4n plant.

4. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

Thank you both for your nice words.
    Marni, I took your advice and pot it in a clay pot with sphagnum. At least until now, this worked very well.
    No, I didn't know it is a 4n. :) Thank you.

5. mrhappyrotter

mrhappyrotter New Member

Oh yeah, I love the scent on these flowers. I remember when I bought mine, someone asked me what plants I was getting and I mentioned they were all fragrant. When they saw this species in my bag, they kind of laughed and said something along the lines of "that one's not fragrant, good luck".

As it turns out, it's one of my favorite fragrances!

Your plant is much better grown than mine, but I don't think mine likes the hot temperatures here so I'm just happy to see it bloom from time to time.

6. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

:) Thank you.