Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Miltoniopsis Lennart Karl Gottling

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by ash1de, Jun 1, 2016.

1. ash1de

ash1de Active Member

One of the few hybrids I grow. A faithful bloomer with 23 flowers this time around. Fragrant, too! Milt1.jpeg Milt2.jpeg

Chuck-NH and Korina like this.
  2. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

This is insane! A very beautiful plant.
    Could you, please, help me with some cultural details? What growing media do you use?
    :) Actually any information would be helpful for me.
    Thank you,
    Dana

3. ash1de

ash1de Active Member

Thanks Dana, I grow this in a medium sized bark mix and it is typically watered with everything else in the greenhouse 2-3 times a week. I include dilute fertilizer in most waterings. Winter night time temps are about 55; in the summer the highs in the greenhouse can approach 90 degrees. The greenhouse faces east, and the plants receive morning sun for a couple of hours. Interestingly, this plant is currently in spike.

4. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

Thank you very much! It is gorgeous.
    I see that you use a clay pot for it?
    I'm not sure what should a medium-size bark mix contain, except for the bark, of course :)

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 2:04 AM
  5. ash1de

ash1de Active Member

Bark plus some perlite--hard to tell if anything else was added. It is a mix that I purchased in quantity from a vendor several years ago.

6. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

Thank you

7. judypots

judypots New Member

That is magnificent. I haven't successfully grown any Miltoniopsis yet, though most other types grow well in my east/southeast facing sunroom with floor to ceiling windows. Maybe I'll give one another try.