Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Masdevallia xanthina var. klabochorum

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by weeand, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:30 PM.

1. weeand

weeand Well-Known Member

It was labeled as Masdevallia klabochorum. Then an orchidfriend explained it should be Masd. xanthina var. klabochorum and I changed the label.
    A couple of monts later I purchased Luer's Icones on Masdevallia. There I read that Masd. xanthina var. klabochorum is white indeed but doesn'nt have the eyespots near the base of the collum. The white ones with the eyespots are named Masd. xanthina var. pallida.
    Sometimes I don't know anymore what is the right name........ :( But hey it's a beautifull flower nevertheless.
    Masdevallia_klabouchorum-9853.jpg Masdevallia_klabouchorum-9854.jpg Masdevallia_xanthina_var klabochorum-9295.jpg

2. Cor van Honk

Cor van Honk New Member

Lovely plant!

weeand likes this.
  3. DarleneJay

DarleneJay Well-Known Member

It is very elegant and clearly happy with your care.

Determining specific varieties can be challenging for me. Looks like you have done your homework, but maybe someone can validate. Kudos to you on the extra research tracking down the name.

weeand likes this.