Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Masdevallia impostor

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by DarleneJay, Dec 7, 2019.

1. DarleneJay

DarleneJay Well-Known Member

This particular Masdevallia came from the collect a society member who passed away early this year. It is great to see this one perking up.

Attached Files:

weeand and Foozil like this.
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Darlene, did the M Redwing also come from the same collection. You said you added a misting system to your growing area. Do you use it for humidity, watering, both?

3. DarleneJay

DarleneJay Well-Known Member

Hi Marni! The Redwing came from the Little Greenhouse in Baltimore, and I bought it directly from there. The M. impostor was originally from Tropical Orchid Farm, but I purchased it from my society member's collection.

I added the misting system to help with watering during the week days, especially for my seedlings. It has been a real difference maker for the seedlings and the more water sensitive genus, like the Masdevallia. I have an evaporative humidifier running to keep the humidity at an acceptable level.

Marni likes this.