Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Luisia

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Nisanisa, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Nisanisa

Nisanisa Active Member

Somebody grows Luisia?
    This is my new plant. So, yesterday I visited a friend and saw a clump of Dendrobium crumenatum mounted to a mango tree. Observing the plant, I saw some other plant among the dendronium. With terete leaves. I asked her what kind of flower it has. But she said she never paid attention to those plants. So, I asked her if I could have some to take home. Generously, she gave me five plants.
    After searching the internet, I think this is a kind of Luisia. Perhaps Luisia javanica?

Attached Files:

2. tropicbreeze

tropicbreeze Member

I don't grow them but last year I found some Luisa corrugata growing wild. They were in a tree that had come down in a cyclone. There were a lot of Dendrobium affine in the tree but amongst them were some Luisia.

This species grows quite high up in trees and I guess they like the normal wet season rain followed by a dry season. They should be quite easy to grow.

Nisanisa likes this.