Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Looking for seed to buy/trade

Discussion in 'For Trade/Sale' started by cflorian, Apr 16, 2012.

1. cflorian

cflorian Member

As I'm sure many of you know, quality orchid seed is pretty hard to come by..

Because I don't have much of a growing area now, but will in a few years, I am trying to expand my collection mostly through flasking.

I have several pods set, as well as about 70 half packets of seed from ebay's Kumpol P and the Orchid Seedbank Project (though many from the OSP are turning out not to be viable...). I can send a list (of viable seed) for those interested in a trade. All of my seeds are stored refrigerated with a constant humidity solution as described by A. Hicks.

Also, I would definitely be willing to buy seed.

Oh yeah, species only!

Thanks!

2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Are you looking for any particular genus or temperature regime? Uncommon only or all species?

3. cflorian

cflorian Member

Hi Kelly,

I am pretty open to everything. Uncommon seeds would be great, but I'll take what I can get. Flasking is a pretty fun hobby itself:) If I end up with something that clearly won't do well in my conditions, I can trade the seedlings for something that does.

Also, I can offer to send some extra seedlings back to the person that the seed came from as I am not looking to make money from this.

4. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

OK. I'll keep you in mind.

5. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

Your enthusiasm and passion for orchids and flasking is great!

6. cflorian

cflorian Member

Thanks Jacob! Just had a look at your flickr.. your collection of Angraecoids is amazing!

7. theLab

theLab Member Supporting Member

Hi Florian ... Kumpol is ok, he offers a good quality, moreover he takes outcrosses for getting seeds. We have exchanged a lot in the past and it was always correct and prompt.
    Aaron I do appreciate for his enthusiasm in making the secret, occult flask-thing comprehensable and available for a lot of newbies all over the globe. Regrettably the seeds from him are rather old and often (!) wrong in names and most of all expired in viability. Honestly I donĀ“t trust in seeds harvested in 2002 :).
    I think we can send you some seeds in order to support your enthusiasm, too, any preferences?

8. cflorian

cflorian Member

Hi Matthias,

I just sent over a PM, your website is just what I was looking for.

Yes, the OSP seeds have their issues.. It seems that they have not received much new over the last 5 years. I wonder if this is due to the great success of Troy Meyers? Incorrectly labeled seeds are a difficult problem.. this can really happen at every step of the way if people are not careful...

Kumpol's seeds have been great, nearly all have had surprisingly good germination.

9. phelsumatic

phelsumatic Member

I will second Kumpol's seeds amazing quality for the last few years.
    Goodluck

10. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

I have 3 capsules of taeniophyllum obtusum if you want em. Email me.