Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Lepanthes tentaculata

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by JohnsonS, Nov 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JohnsonS

JohnsonS Active Member

Lepanthes tentaculata

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alexey likes this.
  2. annabanana1987

annabanana1987 Active Member

What a great capture of the flower ♡

3. MatteoS

MatteoS New Member

Great pictures!! can I ask you what camera setup do you use? and are the flowers of l. tentaculata similar in dimensions to the l. calodictyon's ones?

4. JohnsonS

JohnsonS Active Member

Thanks for the comments!

I use a Nikon D7000 with a SB-400 flash and a handmade diffuser mounted off-camera. For lenses I use a Nikon 50mm f/1.8D and an old 35mm f/2.8 mounted on a combination of extension tubes (Nikon PK-12 and/or PK-13) either normal or reversed depending on the magnification I need.

I don't grow L. calodictyon, so I can't comment on the size comparison; I do believe L. calodictyon has a larger lip than tentaculata. Here are a couple of links from the Swiss Orchid Foundation that may help, though:

L. calodictyon: https://orchid.unibas.ch/phpMyHerba...lodictyon/Hooker_William_Jackson/specimen.php
    L. tentaculata: https://orchid.unibas.ch/phpMyHerba...e_August_Hirtz_Alexander_Charles/specimen.php

5. MatteoS

MatteoS New Member

thanks for your reply, your pictures are great! I also have a Nikon (although older than yours) and I need to buy a good lens... I'll have a look at eBay for yours :))

6. dex356

dex356 Active Member

Great photography on both your Lepanthes and Stellis Morganii... And thanks for posting about your photo equipment too! I hope one day I will get some good photos to share with this group! The bar continues to get higher...

7. Carkin

Carkin Active Member

Outstanding!!! Thank you for sharing those drool-worthy pics. :)

8. JohnsonS

JohnsonS Active Member

Thanks for the comments, both of you!

One last shot - of the foliage:

[​IMG]

9. Carkin

Carkin Active Member

Soooo pretty! I'm a real leaf person...I've got to keep my eye out for one of these!