Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Lepanthes Sherry Bridygham

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by RustyExotics, Jan 10, 2019.

1. RustyExotics

RustyExotics - Nicholas

This is a primary hybrid between Lepanthes calodictyon and Lepanthes telipogoniflora. I really enjoy the plant because you can clearly see the influence of each of the parents in both the flowers and foliage, which isn't always the case.

I grow this plant in my small, indoor greenhouse right next to Lepanthes telipogoniflora (which is flowering remarkably right now) which grows in low-medium light (dappled) and warm conditions. They tend to receive more light during autumn and winter due to the trees in the front yard dropping their leaves and allowing more sunshine to enter the window. The humidity stays between 85-99%.

P1110340.JPG
    P1110422.JPG

slippersnpitchers likes this.
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

You have a spelling error in the name, would you like me to correct it? Her name is Bridygham.

3. RustyExotics

RustyExotics - Nicholas

Yes please! Thought I had that one correct. Darn...

4. Marni

Done. This isn't the only typo I've corrected today. A customer pointed one out on my website this morning.

RustyExotics likes this.
  5. DPfarr

DPfarr Well-Known Member

Marni, am I alone in imagining the details of the Ecuagenera and Sherry interactions for naming this? She’s always fasniating to listen to.

6. Marni

I didn't hear anything specific. I know that she has helped them a lot over the years working the booth, setting up the exhibit and having them as house guests.