Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Lepanthes lucifer

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Raven, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Raven

Raven Active Member

IMG_6501.JPG Does anybody know the right culture for this species? I struggle to keep more than two-three leaves on the plant. I grow it cool-intermediate, constantly moist.

2. RustyExotics

RustyExotics - Nicholas

That has got to be one of the coolest looking Lepanthes I've seen. LOVE the flaming red on that.

Unfortunately, I don't have much on the culture... I know most Lepanthes grow cooler and enjoy very high humidity, but several species actually grow warm, so I'm not sure about this specific one.

3. Gerrit

Gerrit Well-Known Member

Cool-intermediate should be ok. I grow my Lepanthes mounted, some do very wel, others struggle, don't now why. Not the most easiest genus.

4. pacome

pacome Active Member

that species comes from very low elevation. grow it warmer (mini 15°C, maxi 30°C, high humidity) and it will thrive!

5. goods

goods Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have about 10 of these from a flask I purchased from Ecuagenera last year and all seem to be growing very well and flowering now. Most have about 5 leaves at the moment. I have them potted in 1" net pots in sphagnum in a terrarium. Temps are 72F during the day and down to 62-65 at night in winter. Light is provided through pretty high powered LEDs, but these are ~10" below them.

Marni likes this.
  6. Raven

Raven Active Member

Thank you everybody.
    I'm going to move them to my warm terrarium and will update soon.