Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Larger Vanda Basket

Discussion in 'Orchid Culture' started by DPfarr, Jul 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. carl

carl Active Member

Another option is to make a template out of MDF or hardboard the shape of one segment. Use double-sided carpet tape to stick it to some dimensional lumber of the right size, and a router table and a template routing bit to shape the pieces.

The advantage over the use of a band/scroll/saber saw is that you get a nice smooth edge. Disadvantage is more wasted material, and you need a reasonably robust router and table (or a shaper).

2. DPfarr

DPfarr Well-Known Member

I think I'm just going to have some woodwork company with a cnc make me 200 pieces or some quantity that's equitable for each of us.

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Daniel, what did you do to accommodate your plant?

4. DPfarr

DPfarr Well-Known Member

Ha! I neglected it and it grew all over the basket. I feel that neglect part describes that the new growth doesn't get the immediate moist area of moss when it wants to put out roots. Instead, hopefully they make it?

Potentially, I could still remedy this. Not being in an orchid nursery everyday dulls my motivation and observation to much lesser levels than they already were.