Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Kefersteinia andreettae

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Marni, Feb 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

From Ecuador and Peru. I've grown it in both cool and intermediate conditions. Even though the foliage stays clean, the flowers tend to spot and I think it would probably do better with slightly warmer conditions. The flowers are about 1".
    kef.and.close.jpg kef.and.qtr.jpg kef.and.plant.jpg

2. Kitty

Kitty AKA\Debby

very cute, I love these little guys, Marni, I have slightly warmer conditions :)

3. gg68

gg68 Angraecoid addict

Really beautiful!!

4. Alexey

Alexey Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I like the translucence of the flowers

5. Brant

Brant dazed

what's a few spots among friends - very pretty foliage

6. s1214215

s1214215 Member

Marni does it seem to need much diurnal change to set flowers. I managed to get one plant to survive the DoA import horrors and its doing nicely. I just wonder where I will put it as I have several growing zones. Right now it is in my intermediate wardian case at 20c night and 26c day.

7. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Brett, I've never grown it that warm. Actually, I've never grown anything that warm.:eek: And that is only 10°F drop which really isn't much of a day/night differential. All of my growing are have at least 18°F difference and 2 of them have closer to a 25°F drop. My cool area is 50F to 75F and my intermediate is 56F to 80F. Kefersteinias are really adaptable as long as the water quality is good. If it is growing well, I would leave it where it is.

8. s1214215

s1214215 Member

An update on this plant for you Marni.. My plant is still doing very well in the same wardian case and now sligtly warmer temperatures as my water chiller blew up and I have decided to see if I can risk not replacing it. Mind you, it is autumn now and most days dont make it over 25c.

Marni likes this.