Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Jumellea arborescens

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by T. migratoris, Jun 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. T. migratoris

T. migratoris Active Member

Sort of a standard wide-lipped Jumellea but flowers are larger than some, and brilliant white. Plant has a nice, compact, clumping habit. Sorry for the lousy light in this pic.
    Jum arborescens .001 01 06-18-11 sm.jpg

2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

I haven't bloomed mine, but it lives up to its name and is getting quite tall: over 2 feet so far. It is not at all like your growth habit.

3. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

Very nice! I imagine it will go bonkers with flowers as the plant matures. That is just what jumelleas do. :) Is it fragrant?

4. T. migratoris

Not sure. It would have to be overpowering for me to detect it.

5. mrbreeze

mrbreeze Anglican Supporting Member

Awesome. Mine has two buds growing. I kind of agree with Marni that yours looks a little bit ...different. Yet quite similar! My flowers are more pointy. Congrats once again. :clap:

6. T. migratoris

I have to go with the label on this one since I don't have anything else to compare it with & it's a one-off plant from an obscure source. I'm interested to see photos of yours when it blooms. Differentiating Jumelleas drive me nuts - sometimes the differences between species are impossible (for me) to chase. I have some other Jumelleas that I know are mis-labeled but trying to figure out what they really are is maddening.