Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Jobless

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neyra, Jan 13, 2010.

1. marc

marc deathray

neyra -

what sort of work did you do for this neurosurgeon?

2. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

I should have said neurologist. Or are they the same thing?

3. abaxter

abaxter New Member

Neyra, if you're interested in living where it gets cold in winter, there's a new hospital
    under construction here in KY between Corbin and London and the new hospital will need
    LOTS of staff. The hospital is going under the banner of St. Joseph's Hospitals and construction is going rather fast considering the weather. If you're interested at all, you
    might go online and check out when and where they'll be taking applications. We can
    offer a one person place to live while getting settled if you get a job there.

4. Neyra

Neyra Just Plain Different

@ Marc: I do medical billing and general secretarial work.

@Jon: No the are not the same and I didn't correct you either because I could work for either one.

@Angela: I don't mind the cold and will check into it, a job is a job after all. Thank you for the offer you are just a sweetheart.

5. marc

marc deathray

neyra -

does it need to be a neuro specialty, or could you do the same for someone else?

6. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

Medical billing - ugghh. It takes a really savvy person to smoothly wade through that BS.

Neyra - last May, my position (28 years with same organization) was eliminated with no forewarning whatsoever. I had 30 minutes to clear out my stuff. Sometimes life sucks, but so what? As Tom said, this may end up being the incentive you need to move into something, in some place that will be a big improvement.

7. Candace

Candace Kept Woman Supporting Member

Neyra, sorry to hear the news. When one door closes, another one opens yada, yada, yada. Trite, but it IS true.

8. Neyra

Guys I thank you so much for all the support. It means the world to me you know.

@Marc- Yeah I could do this for about any Dr or Hospital

9. Jon

How's hubby feeling about a move to the great white north?

10. nikv

nikv Member

Good luck with the job search, Neyra. I lost my job 2-1/2 years ago when the company that I worked for decided to outsource. It was the first time in my life since the age of 12 to be without a job. I had to tighten my spending and spent a lot of time job hunting. Took a couple of months, but I managed to find a job that I like. I'm sure that you'll be able to find a suitable postion, too. And as others have said, it's a great opportunity to take stock of your life, your goals, etc. Maybe it's time to try something different?

11. Neyra

Jon, I really didn't give him much say in the matter. The only reason I have stayed in PR as long as I have is because of him.He can follow go with me or not, but I need to do what is right for me and the kids.

12. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

What is the time frame of this move, Neyra? Will you wait for the girls to finish this school year or no?

13. Neyra

MJ it will all depend on how things roll from now on. I am prepared to leave as soon as Mid February but I would like the kids to finish the school year which here ends the 3rd week of May.

14. abaxter

abaxter New Member

Neyra, we drove by the construction site of the new hospital and it's St. Joseph's Hospital in London, KY. The hospital intends to offer all kinds of specialities, but is
    going in the direction of cardio-vascular specifically. It's going to be a BIG hospital
    and after doing a little snooping, I found out that the facility will need a LOT of
    people who can handle medical billing. There's also a St. Joseph's in Lexington, KY.
    Anyway, this just might be an opportunity to get into a new facility on the ground
    floor, so to speak.

15. Jon

GO KENTUCKY!