Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Is my orchid growing a new flower bud?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AlyJev, Mar 8, 2020.

1. AlyJev

AlyJev New Member

Hi everyone and glad to be posting here for the first time. I have had this orchid since December 2018. It bloomed for months and then all the flowers fell off. Then another spike grew and beautiful flowers bloomed for six months. In December 2019 the flowers wilted and fell off. Since then I have been patiently waiting and today I noticed the attached picture. I am wondering if this is a start of a new bud forming that will eventually have flowers? Side note, the leaves are large and green and the roots are long. I don't know much about orchids but have had luck with this one blooming twice already and hopefully a third time. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum.

Your plant looks beautiful. Congratulations.
    I think it is too early to tell what is growing on the stem. It could be a new spike or it could be the start of a kieki (a baby plant). Just be patient and time will tell.
    Good luck.