Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PerpetualIrish, Jan 17, 2020.

1. PerpetualIrish

PerpetualIrish New Member

Hello everybody, my name is Joe. I am tonight's newest patient, I'm glad to be participating. I am fairly new in the orchid world, with only two years of growing under my belt but I learn quickly. I've about 10 years of experience growing various plants and critters in tanks and under lights, so I put that to my advantage.

I currently grow in a hydroponics tent, 4x2x6', under lights and cool to cold. I quickly out grew terrarium style tanks after I discovered miniature orchids. I am in the process of upgrading my tent into a much larger tent. I live at a fairly high elevation which makes growing cool to cold fairly easy.

My collection is fairly varied. I enjoy mini bulbos a whole bunch and cooler growing dendrobiums. I'm currently fixated on bulbless fan types like Stenia and Keferstenia, currently hunting Bollea Coelestis. I also enjoy Plerothallids and Promenaea. Hoping to introduce some larger cold growers as well this year, Anguloa is on the list. I look forward to sharing and learning with you all.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Hi Joe. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the great intro.

PerpetualIrish likes this.
  3. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

You sound as if you have been working hard at getting the growing area. Would you have any images of your set up?

PerpetualIrish likes this.
  4. PerpetualIrish

PerpetualIrish New Member

You bet Marni, I just finished the upgrade. Ill be posting it shortly

Marni likes this.