Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Howard Stern

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AWUM, Dec 2, 2011.

1. AWUM

AWUM Member

Is anybody a real fan/daily listener of Howard Stern? Curious to see if any one else on the forum shares this interest.

-Andrew

BaBa Booey BaBa Booey Best Of The Week!

2. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

I am.

3. Forrest

Forrest Really Neat

I liked him when he first came out. Now it seems like all his bits have been done many many many times. For me, his show jumped the shark long ago. Now he just seems kinda douche-y.

4. Tom-DE

Tom-DE Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What Forrest said!

5. AWUM

AWUM Member

Tom and Forrest, I have to respectfully disagree, yet still respect your opinions haha.
    Ray, do you think Howard will do America's Got Talent if the opportunity arises?

6. Ray

I think the concept is too tame.

THAT would definitely be jumping the shark.

7. deweychop

deweychop Almost house broken

I'm with Forrest and Tom on this one too. I was a HUGE fan when he was on clear channel, and had his tv show on E and when he first went to satellite. Son of the Beach on FX was CLASSIC STUFF!! Then the show lost its edge. The shock jock just isn't shocking anymore. I have great memories of his stuff though.

8. Ray

So if you aren't listening, how do you know what the show is up to?

I'll agree that he is not as "mean" as he once was, but I'm OK with that.

9. AWUM

AWUM Member

I don't think I appreciate him because he's "shocking," I appreciate him, and I'm sure Ray does too, because he is an icon. It's hard to find more iconic voices in broadcasting than Howard Stern and Robin Quivers. There are always new bits done by Richard and Sal that prove themselves to be instant classics. Howard's interview style is second to none, and if he doesn't renew his Sirius contract in a few years 7,000,000 people will be greatly disappointed.

10. Ray

I have been listening to him during my morning commute starting when I moved to NJ in 1984. At first, the appeal was simply the shock factor, but the comedic aspects and shear honesty grabbed me pretty quickly.

Now that I'm not commuting any longer, I only get to hear replays, but it's still worth it.

I think Stern, Bill Maher, and Jon Stewart are some of the sharpest folks on the air today.

11. AWUM

AWUM Member

Agreed Ray. I also enjoy Kevin Kline as an alternative to Howard when I'm done listening to all the shows for the week. To me, if there is anyone close to Howard on the radio, it's Kevin Kline, in terms of a great interviewer, and keeping the shows running smoothly. And the comedic aspect of course.

12. AWUM

AWUM Member

It's official! Howard is the newest America's Got Talent judge. He will appear on the new season, with filming beginning in February. The show will be better than ever!

13. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

Seriously? He's going to be a judge on AGT? That's wild. I wonder if they signed him to boost ratings..

14. AWUM

AWUM Member

It's already the number 1 rated show in the summer, but I'm sure the ratings will go through the roof. After all, NBC is at the bottom of the list of the big 4 networks. New York is home to over 18,000,000 people, and I'm sure there are a bunch of curious People willing to watch. And now that AGT moved to New York City, to accommodate Howard, it is sure to generate more viewers. Bottom line, he will add a certain humorous, very frank, yet appropriate theme to the show:)

15. rtsingleton

rtsingleton Bulbo enthusiast

Listen every day and no one interviews as well as he does.

16. AWUM

AWUM Member

RS, I couldn't agree with you more. You've got quite good taste. Bulbo's & Howard. Sounds good to me.