Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Hofmeisterella sp

Discussion in 'Everything Else Orchid' started by Pontus_Sweden, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Pontus_Sweden

Pontus_Sweden Active Member

Last time I talked with Manolo at PeruFlora (Think this was in 2010) he told me that they found a new Hofmeisterella species. I haven´t heard more about this since then. Do anyone know anything about this? Wonder of it was Hofmeisterella falcata (Telipogon falcata) that he was thinking about....or is there a new sp?

I have grown Hofmeisterella eumicroscopica before and it´s a fantastic little species. I faound it to be one of the hardest orchid species to grow. I was very happy to get it to flower.
    Will try this sp soon again.

Here is a picture from one of my old plants:

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8246_8467773889_c5383b7a72_b.jpg

newbud likes this.
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

I've also been challenge by this genus. It all went well for a couple of years and then "oops." PeruFlora is going to be at POE next week. Manolo won't be there, but I've made a note and will try to ask Saul what is new in the hofmeisterella world.

3. Mattbo7

Mattbo7 New Member

Hmmm....

4. Zack

Zack Will work for plants Supporting Member

With this post, Pontus, you're only making me more tempted to order this and other delicate species from Peruflora!